Thursday, November 09, 2006

I have been told by a few that I need to journalize my current job experience on the psyche ward, unfortunately writing alone will not justify the whole experience. The most inspiring day at work occurred just a few days ago when an old black homeless man taught me his schizophrenically inspired favorite song. I mention he was black not because I am racist, but to stress that although dinosauric in age he still had rhythm, let me further paint the picture then I shall tell the story. We are talking about six foot three, and about 80 pounds, so when he moved he really wriggled, he can move to the rhythm and keep up with the beat.........his own rhythm and his own beat, he has one eye, no teeth, and a reverse mohawk (shaved down the middle and alien dreds sticking out each side, just trying to get the imagery down for y'all. The title of the song The beer rabbit after making sure I had heard the title right, I had him favor me with this piece, are y'all ready for this???? The chorus goes the beer rabbit, the beer rabbit, the beer rabbit, the first (only) verse is a question which is (brace yourselves) Who brings you your beer, well let me tell you its (chorus) Then the great thing about this song is..................................................................................... that its easy to memorize. This song excited my newfound cycloptic friend so, that with each round he started to get groovey, first the head bob and then the beanpole frame stood up and started to shimey all over the unit, and thats when he came up with the second verse......... He looks at me and says come on now rock with me brother. So the head gets going and soon we are both getting down clapping and dancing to my new favorite song. What a great guy he is with the amazing ability to get those with no rhythm to rise up and dance. To think the life he knew was the sidewalks of Boston, and yet he found joy within himself, what a lesson taught.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, jeremy, this is 'brill' - can't wait for more - love Boo

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home