Tuesday, November 14, 2006

THE BRILLIANT CHESS PLAYING MIND

Refer to the dancing post to get the description, now here's the story. Tonight I witnessed this man playing chess, he was brill. We shrugged off his trash-talking, thinking he didn't have a prayer against one of the more brilliant counselors. The challenge from my newfound homeless, schizo dance partner, went like this "Hey Bobby Fisher, you wanna play chess, four in a row in less than an hour, I beat Bobby Fisher four times in less than an hour." So this unsuspecting counselor sidled up to the table and they set up the battlefield of the minds and with confidence the counselor made his first move. Within literally seconds my friend countered. With each loooooooong seemingly well-thought out move by my co-worker, my friend struck back with lightning speed, this went on about three rounds, when suddenly the trash-talking started......."You lost when you sat down, somebody got a magazine, I need something to read, he's boring......If you move that knight I'm gonna laugh at you" The next move was check mate and my co-worker went down in a blaze of glory. In less than ten minutes my fellow employee had been turfed by a homeless, schizophrenic, and may I add most BRILLIANT man. I still dont know where he found the time to whoop him the way he did around all the trash-talking. Although I should have taken the time to console a counselors bruised ego, I was too proud of my new friend so instead I basked with this him in his victory. Then I conducted his post-match interview, but that is a blog in and of itself..................................... so stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home